A new Internal Revenue Service website will help those who do not normally file tax returns to get a check from the federal government under the coronavirus Economic Impact Payment program.

The site, launched Friday, is aimed at those who do not or are not required to file federal income taxes. According to the IRS, “If you receive veterans disability compensation, a pension, or survivor benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs, or your income level does not require you to file a tax return, then you need to submit information to the IRS to receive an Economic Impact Payment.”

Last month, Congress passed and President Donald Trump signed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, which gives some 80 percent of U.S. adults stimulus checks of up to $1,200 for individuals and $2,400 for couples. The checks will also include $500 for each child younger than 17 and for any dependent listed on an income tax return.

Those filing income tax returns as “single” with adjusted gross incomes up to $75,000 a year will be eligible for a $1,200 check. The payment amount drops by $5 for every $100 in income more than $75,000.

Those who file as “married filing jointly” can receive a check for $2,400 check if their adjusted gross income was less than $150,000. Married couples will get checks on a sliding scale up to $198,000. Married couples will also receive $500 for each child they claimed on their tax return.

Those who filed as “head of household” are eligible for a $1,200 check and $500 for each child claimed for those whose adjusted gross income was $112,500 or less. You can receive a check on a sliding scale if you earn up to $136,500 annually. (Those who file “head of household” are typically single parents).

Those who receive a Social Security check and do not exceed the income limits above will receive the coronavirus relief check in the same way they receive Social Security benefits. You do not have to file any special form.

According to Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin, the site is a “tool for Americans who are not required to file tax returns to make sure they receive their payment as quickly and safely as possible.”

The new site is on IRS.gov. Scroll down the page and look for a blue bar that says “Non Filers: Enter Payment Info Here.” Clicking on that button takes users to another page that has instructions and a link to a form that must be filled out.