The city and non-profit organizations are opening three new neighborhood flood relief centers, bringing to 12 the total number of sites where victims of Hurricane Harvey can seek assistance close to where they live. The new Neighborhood Restoration Centers are:
- East Aldine (mobile site) – 3308 Aldine Mail Rte. Road, Suite C; Tuesday and Thursday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; call 346-267-0487.
- BakerRipley-Gulfton – 6500 Rookin, Tuesday and Thursday, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.; call 713- 273-3701.
- Harbach-Ripley (Golfcrest, Bellfort, Reveille, Greater Hobby) – 6225 Northdale; Tuesday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; Thursday, 2-6 p.m.; call 713-640-7100.
The locations are operated in conjunction with BakerRipley, formerly Neighborhood Centers. They provide assistance with housing, furniture, employment, sorting out aid from FEMA and other services.
The new centers are in addition to the opening of eight centers previously announced by Mayor Sylvester Turner.
“We are taking a neighborhood-by-neighborhood approach to getting assistance to the many people who need it,” Turner said.
Last November, the city and BakerRipley opened a pilot version of a Neighborhood Restoration Center at Kashmere Multi-Service Center (4802 Lockwood; Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; 832-393-5503).
The experiment was a success, with 700 Houstonians served there so far with disaster case management and vital services such as temporary housing assistance, legal aid, mental health and wellness care, home repair, rebuilding information and employment help.
The other centers are:
- Acres Homes Multi-Service Center – 6719 W. Montgomery; Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; 832-393-4145.
- Edgebrook – 10727 Hartsook; Tuesday and Friday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.; served by a mobile bus unit in Saint Frances Cabrini Catholic Church; call 211.
- Greenspoint – 159 Aldine Bender; Friday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; served via mobile bus unit in Teloloapan Market; call 211.
- Memorial Assistance Ministries Center – 1625 Blalock; Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.; email email@example.com or call 713 468-4516.
- Memorial Assistance Ministries at Spring Branch Community Health Center – 7777 Westgreen, Cypress; Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-468-4516.
- Northeast Multi-Service Center – 720 Spaulding; Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; 832-395-0470.
- Pasadena at Cleveland-Ripley Center – 720 Fairmont, Pasadena; Tuesday, 12 p.m.-4 p.m.; Thursday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.; 713-944-9186.
- West End Multi-Service Center, 170 Heights; Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; 832-393-5950.